Michael Jolic is a Managing Member and Partner at Sharon & Kalnoki LLC. He has worked in the Immigration Law field since 1997 and has a wealth of experience in a broad range of immigration matters. On a day-to-day basis, Michael works on various nonimmigrant visa cases, including H-1B, L-1A/B, O-1, R-1, TN and other categories. Michael devotes a large percentage of his practice to healthcare immigration. Specifically, he handles routine and difficult J-1 Waiver Applications for Exchange Visitors and their families and has become a go-to source for many residency and fellowship programs as well as hospitals and physician groups in Ohio and throughout the United States. Michael also works on employment and family based permanent residency applications. Michael is frequently called upon to represent businesses and foreign nationals in some of the most complex H-1B visa petition cases and has been retained to counsel private for-profit, non-profit and governmental organizations on the topic of the H-1B cap-exemption. Finally, Michael regularly counsels employers on the topic of I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification regulations.
Michael is a frequent speaker on the topic of J-1 visas, J-1 visa waivers, H-1B visa petitions, permanent residency applications and other possible immigration avenues at various healthcare institutions. In the past, he served as the Social Media Liaison for the Ohio chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and presented on the topic of J-1 waivers to fellow attorneys. Outside of the office, Michael enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, playing guitar and coaching youth sports.
Born in Slovenia, Michael immigrated to the United States in 1996. Prior to that, he lived in Linz, Austria, where he volunteered with a local non-profit organization as a translator. In addition to English, Michael speaks fluent German, Slovenian, and Serbian/Croatian.
Michael Jolic may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Juris Doctor Degree – The University of Akron School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Urban Planning, summa cum laude – Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University
- Ohio State Bar
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Immigration Law
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Slovenian American Business Association (SABA)
- Survival Guide: Immigration – What HR Professionals Need to Know
- Navigating Visa & Immigration Issues, Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors (APCCMPD), 2018 Annual Conference
- J-1 Waivers for Foreign Medical Graduates, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2018
- J-1 Waivers: A Needed Cure to Physician Recruitment, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Ohio Chapter, 2016 Fall Conference on Immigration Law